Oh! You made my bagels and now you wanna put something delicious and cream-cheesy on top? I've got you covered. This recipe is:
Just the right amount of Tang
So easy a really intelligent baby could do it.
You will need a vitamix or other high powered blender to get the right consistency.
- 15 oz. (whole container) of extra firm tofu
- 4 TBSP Coconut Butter
- 7 tsp fresh lemon juice (one large lemon or two smaller lemons will do)
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp date sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Place the tofu block in a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeeeeze all the water out. Once you think you're done squeeze it three more times.
- Put the tofu in your blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for at least five minutes (pause and scrape sides down intermittently for the smoothest end result).
- Put in an airtight container and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- It's now ready to spread on dem bagels. And if you don't finish it all it will keep in the fridge for up to a week, maybe more? Just give it the old sniff test if you're unsure.
Don't forget to let me know how it turns out in the comments below. And as always, I'm a click away if you have any questions!